Trouble starting my T3 after running.

Well, I have a problem with my bus. I have a 1981 Transporter and after Ive driven it for a while, turn it off, then go to start it again, it just cranks over and over. I had a guy say it was vapor lock. Also, the fuel pump could be bad. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Gambini

What engine you got in it - carb or FI ?

Mine does that (type 1) and its the choke. the engine is hot but the choke has started to come on. I turn the ignition on for a few seconds (10 - 20) then it starts easier.

Note, you'r not supposed to leave the ignition on - its bad for the coil

- juist saying what works for me .

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Its fuel injection 2.0 pancake.

Reply to
aircoolit

Not "vaor lock". Pump is positive displacement and located below tank.

Find out what is actually going on. Start by connecting a pressure gauge (60 psi) to the fuel ring test port. Pressure should leap up to around 35 psi as soon as the starter begins cranking.

If you *do* get fuel pressure, but no fire, then you can begin looking elsewhere.

FI electrical info on my web site:

Reply to
Speedy Jim

It's basicly a L-Jet go here for troubleshooting guide even though this one is type 4. Step 6a may tell you something but do the whole thing when warm.

Henderson