Update on camper engine problem, heat and repost due to problems.

It was tight valves causing the problem. The engine runs now, however, too hot. Timing is fine, carb seems ok for me as well, fan spins and i replaced the belt. What else can i do to drop engine temp? Note that all tin is present and original.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

wish I could find the problem with my 72 I was heading to full moon's sunshine daydream camp out when the van started loosing power. the van made it and back with the same problem. so today I did a compression test and all cylinders read

130psi and everything else checked out fine. I'm thinking the BP 93 octain gas was a little watered down. I'm going to run it dry so I can check the lines.
Reply to
Kafertoys

Fuel starvation will make for loss of power at hiway speeds.

Ignition advance not working?

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I have pertronics on it but your right it could be a vacuum problem, as far as fuel starvation it would drive fine on level and down hill doing 75+ but as soon as I hit an upgrade it was like throwing and off switch. I'm thinking the weber 2 barrel carb has to be cleaned.

Reply to
Kafertoys

That could well be starvation. Check the fuel flow from the pump outlet, or even just from the tank. Your year has the mesh filter screen in the tank outlet, which often clogs up.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

thanks Jim I will check it, I thought it was a fuel problem from the start but it rained alot on the mountian this weekend.(kind of took me back) kinda muddy under the bus, I'm spoiled by dry concrete.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Check throttle travel, brick on pedal, and take a look. I had this issue, cable had somehow slipped.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort