using wheel cylindar piston cups in master cylindar?

I'm looking for just the rubber seals in a bay window bus master cylindar. Would the piston seals from 2 1971 and 1 1973 wheel cylindar repair kits work work for the seals in the bus master cylindar? I think those are 22.2mm and 23.

80mm.
Reply to
Jon

Wheel cylinder seals are usually without that center hole like the master cylinder seals have. But it has been too long since I have rebuilt a master cylinder.

You can't find a new master or kit? Maybe even a later year master! But this is YOUR LIFE!!! ;-) JMHO later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Eh, did my wheel cylinders today and they look the same to me. But i may be mistaking the model, i have a 71 bay window. Yours

Bart Bervoets "dave" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

'71. . . .I just tend to obsess on one part at a time. Last night about 2:00AM GMT -5, I think I found just the ATE kit "less pistons assembleys" at

23mm Kit #251 611 021C & #211 611 021AA $15.31 Soon, I'll more master cyl options than I really need, and I'll move on to something else like "does glock paste really work on star adjuster screws, etc", I'll be able to compare all the master cyl parts if/when they get here --and I will have gotten it out of my system.

---end--

Grape Daddy

If you can find a kit, any kit, that includes the exact seals that you need, then it does not matter what that kit was originally sold for. I have used seals from wheel cylinder kits in MCs. All the seals have part #s on them. If the numbers match, it's the same seal; if it doesn't, keep looking. It helps to have a friendly foreign car FLAPS that can help you do this search. You will have to match the bore diameter exactly, and you must understand that you must match MORE than just the diameter. It must be exactly the right seal, which means that it must also be from the same manufacturer.

OTOH, are bay window MC kits impossible to find? What is the make and bore diameter of your MC?

-

Jim Adney

Sounds like me, toyota hiace seals in master cylinder and wheel cylinders. Works.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Wrong, this is the lives of others, too.

Reply to
RobTaylor

Oh you are correct Rob!!!

Do it right!!! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Oddly enough, MCs and wheel cylinders are always in fractional inches.

23.81mm = 15/16".

-

Jim Adney