Dual Port Carb

I have been in the single port 1600 stock motor group for a long time now, and the urge has come upon me to do a break out and see how the other half lives. I want to get a dual port 1600 long block type 1 and put in my bug. I have a perfect carb for the stock 1600 sp I have now and I know it is not a 34pic carb, I think it is just 30pic 3 carb. What carb do I need on the dual port motor?

Reply to
TerryB

They came with a larger diameter intake manifold (larger bolt pattern for the carb too) and 34PICT-something.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Anything else I need to think about along the lines of parts that will swap between the sp and dp long blocks? I know I will have to get the dual port manifolds and a 34pict carb.

After looking around at auto prices for new and used. I have decided money invested in my bug would be the best route. Aircooled has a good deal on a hydraulic longblock and I think I am going to do it. Would be nice to have a NEW motor in the back!! Just want to do my homework before I get in over my head and need a bunch of parts to make it all work and have a new LB sitting in the house. The wife would just love that!!! LOL

Reply to
TerryB

Not knowing the 1600sp in detail, I'm guessing that the distributor advance curve is different. Vacuum canister that is.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You will also need new cylinder tins and if you are switching over to a doghouse setup then a new shroud to take the larger fan and the doghouse.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche