Valve Geometry Setup

Anyone know off the top of their heads how much the valves stretch during their lifetime (or until the heads reach the 40,000 mile mark)? I have the adjustable pushrod out and I want to find the perfect pushrod length for my setup. If I set it all up so that the valve adjusting screw shows just 1 exposed thread above the adjusting nut, then, as the the valve stretches, (by maybe 3 threads) then, that should still leave plenty enough space so that the swivel feet won't bind against the rocker arm. That's what I am thinking anyways. Maybe valve stretch is a lot less and I should leave 3 exposed threads from the adjusting nut? How many threads do you all leave exposed when setting up your geometry?

Just tackling each technical problem a weekend at a time... Geoffe Elias '74 Super Beetle

Reply to
geoffers