"Volkswagen GTI creates own buzz"

Volkswagen GTI creates own buzz The personality of the GTI hasn't changed in more than a decade of running America's back roads. It continues to be one of the most value laden, fun to drive and capable sporty coupes on the market. at

yared22311

The personaility sure has changed since the 83 and 84 GTIs. If I was ever going to own another watercooled VW, it would be one of these. Nothing that they sell today has a tenth of the character of the air-cooled VWs. Might as well go buy a Honda or Toyota and look like everyone else. Andy

63 Camper
Reply to
Busman

I'm currently driving a 83 gti. Before this car, I have been driving a 73 superbeetle for about 5 years. I have 2 things to say about this car: it's faster than most of the cars that I meet everyday, but this is not an aircooled. I liked to cruise with my beetle and I've not found this kind of pleasure with a watercooled.

Nicolas

"Busman" a écrit dans le message de news:7nuOf.20200$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Nicolas Gobet

I have owned an 83 and 88 16v GTI and out of any water cooled VW's they are the funnest to drive but as I've gotten older I think I'll stick to my splity bus. I here the new vr6 GTI's will do 280+kph

Mario Vintage Werks Restorations

Reply to
Kafertoys

Been looking for a sporty hatchback to use as a DD, may be the ticket!

Reply to
Nick Price

In switzerland, "GTI" means only that you'll have a better finition in the car and the "biggest" motor available since 2004. I don't really believe in a true GTI any more!

"Nick Price" a écrit dans le message de news:2IoPf.20757$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Nicolas Gobet