VW THING FLOOR

When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big deal?

Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got scared and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?

Reply to
Morgan Anderson

The floor pan bolts (upward) to the underside of the body. (On a Beetle, this would be called the "heater channel", but on yours it is a "sill".)

It is a very big deal and that's why he begged off.

To get at least some idea of what is involved, have a look at what one guy went thru on his Beetle:

Don't rush into a decision what to do, but gather all the info you can.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

What speedy said - he's always dead on :)

I don't know a thing about a thing but was curious so found these threads:

?t=19644&highlight=rocker+panel It sounds like it is a similar job to doing heater channels on a bug and that's a pile of work, unfortunately.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Get the floorpan repair videos (DVD also available) from

Good stuff.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson