VW Type 3 automatic vacuum sensor

Does anybody know where I can buy a vacuum sensor for the automatic shifter of my type 3 VW?

-- m.v.g.

Ad van der Lee

Reply to
Ad

That part is called a vacuum modulator. There are 3 different versions of type 3 VMs:

FI 68-71 FI 72-73 Dual carb

Which one do you need?

-

Jim Adney

Hi Jim,

The enigine is a 1968 (June) carburettor 1600 engine. Thank you for you interest so far. I hope you can help me.

Thank you,

Ad

"Jim Adney" schreef >

Reply to
Ad

So this is one of the very rare 68 AT type 3s. The vacuum modulator for this car is a 003 325 391. I don't have any of these, as they were never used on cars sold in the US, but they should be much easier to find in Europe. I don't know many european dealers, but you might try type 3 detectives in England. There are bound to be other sources elsewhere, also. Did you try your VW dealer?

BTW, you responded to me by both email and in the newsgroup. This really just confuses things since now I have sent you 2 replies. It's best to keep newsgroup discussions going just in the newsgroup so that everyone who is interested can follow both sides of the conversation.

-

Jim Adney