VW Wins Award

In case you have not heard, or like myself really don't give a S#$%, VW has won an award for its new talking owners manuel. Article at this link.

thing might utilize some modern technology, but anyone driving a Jetta orGolfbeetle, should really know how to adjust the mirror or turn on the domelight before leaving the driveway. My 67 owners manual is a real ownersmaual. Beleive it or not, it actually tells you how to fix something on thecar.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

That's true about the owner's manual. When I first sat in my '66, it took me about 20 seconds to work out what the controls did. When I drive my parents Mazda 323, or my brother's Citroen AX, the amount of control knobs, switches, dials, turney things and flashing lights get me confused! To so somehting simple like turn on the windscreen demister, you have to stare at the dashboard for about 10 minutes, turn correct knob and position the slidey thing, then press another button and you get air. In my '66, you simply open the quarterlight :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Yeah, but how much demisting does that get you? :-) Surprisingly, my 2CV really can throw out some heat, I think the reason it's system works is that it is Beetle style, but it's going backward, it isn't trying to travel forward like in a Beetle. But what do I care about heat? Winter is just around the corner and I plan on putting them both up for the winter within the next week.

Reply to
Ben Boyle