way OT---- "turbo tax" ???

anyone here use the turbo tax ??? does it give all the proper deductions and stuff as if i took my taxes to the tax guy???

TIA

Reply to
bob

"Greatest thing since sliced bread."

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I have used Turbo Tax for years and have wondered why so many STILL go to HR Block, etc. and pay on average $80-110 (according to Wall St Journal) when TT costs about $30.

TT can handle much more than just basic returns. Investment gains/losses, dividends, rental income, partnership income, IRAs, medical deductions, self employed, business sold, etc. are all dealt with in TT.

Unless your tax situation is super complex or you have some sort of unique tax situation which has meant dealing with the IRS (audit, demand for underpayment, etc.) TT should work just fine.

***WARNING: this is not an endrosement, just personal opinion. Use Turbo Tax at your own risk, I will not bear any liability / expense, accept any responsibility, etc. if you use Turbo Tax and encounter ANY problems, etc.****

=================================

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to
Jack Woltz

Ditto. I've used the online version for the past 3 years. Takes less than an hour to do.

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

I've used it for the last two years, its easy to use and the auditors haven't showed up on my doorstep. The state versions have to be ordered seperately, they can be bought and downloaded on line once you finish the Federal return.

Dick Steflik B> anyone here use the turbo tax ??? does it give all the proper deductions

Reply to
Dick Steflik

What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Just bread. Dan