weird starter solenoid

picture of my solenoid

starter solenoid recently self destructed.After trying to find areplacement for several days I have come up empty.The problem...all thereplacement solenoids have two push on connectors on the right side ofthe solenoid.(if you hold the terminal end of the solenoid facing you,with the positive bolt up).Anyway mine has an extra plug on the left side,that gets used in my bus.Im not sure what it is.The solenoid is a bosch and appears to be stock if not original.Part #0331 302040-540 Is the signal or voltage coming out of the right side terminal the same as whats coming from the left?Do i just combine all the wires and have them plug to the terminals on the right side terminals or do I need to find an apparently no longer available solenoid?I find it hard to believe that I have a unique solenoid but no one seems to have heard of this one.Any answers much appreciated.Thanks

Reply to
spikerrr

spikerrr

Same signal right and left.

The Red/Blk wire energizes the solenoid from the Ignition sw. The thinner Red/Wh wire takes that signal from the Ign sw and feeds it to the Double Relay to operate the elec fuel pump during cranking.

If there is another thin (Red) wire, that likely goes to the Diagnostic socket and can be ignored.

If you're interested, there is basic FI circuit info on my web site as well as the wiring of the Diagnostic Socket ("What is this plug in my engine bay?")

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim Ill check that out.

Reply to