What are your favorite Sources for parts

Well it's time to get serious about fixing up our 79 vert, it is good shape now but I want to get it better. I ordered a couple of new bumpers a couple of years ago because the ones on the bug were starting to rust. Our local shop said that he could get some from California that were triple plated and of good quality. Well they started to rust within a year so I am not to impressed. Therefore where do you think has the best quality of stuff, in particular interior parts and electrical.

Oh and I think on the bumper issue I am going to take them down to a bumper shop and have them chromed (I kept the originals) and see if that works better.

Next project is replacement of the ignition switch and then to get the horn to work.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
Danny

Bumpers are a real issue. The only way I've been able to make them last is to do a very good prep and paint job on the backside; the deteriorate from the inside out. It worked great with the '72 original bumpers, and the PO of the '58 did the same (bless his heart) with the flyweight 'compliance' blade bumpers.

For parts I still go to

except for tires. The owner, John C, has saved my amateur butt three times by correcting my order, and for some parts John also includes some good tips and directions via email when your order is processed. John C. can't always do that, of course. Who can? But he helped me out a lot. John's not a conversationalist, which I appreciate. You get what you need. No nonsense.

My most recent order was new bearings/races and parts for the '58 and some tips that I had not read elsewhere. The parts arrived in good time, fit perfectly. I followed directions carefully and was on the road two hours after getting the parts (I work slow).

Good luck on the Vert!

Reply to
2

I get my parts from Sundance Bug and Buggie in Plant City Florida. Dave the owner has been great to me sence I opened my shop. He deals with all the quality parts at the best prices I found. he has been in the VW scene a very long time and really knows his stuff. Hes truly the best in the VW parts business with out blowing his own horn or whining if someone disagress with him.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

wrote

Poor Dave.

Reply to
2

Likewise, I use

for just about everything (when I can afford to buy something:p). John and his wife are a class act who not only want to make a living and deliver parts, they deliver great service too.

Reply to
Sneaks

gets my business every time.

J.

Reply to
Berg

Sounds like air-cooled is a great place, I have ordered a couple of things from them a while back but just used the web page. Does Sundance have a web site?

Thanks guys!

Dan

Reply to
Danny

No Dave doesn't have a web site but does have a 1 800 #

For all of you that order from aircooled .net should understand they can get all the same parts for much cheaper.

I couldn't feel justified to over charge my customers like John does. And I'm still upset that John never thanked me for setting up his Wearhouse.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

.............I haven't ordered anything for my bug from anyone else since I started buying from Aircooled.Net several years ago. The only exception is a digital head temp gauge from Dakota Digital a few months ago.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

MUCH cheaper?

We are well aware of your particular feud with JC.

WTF have you done for us lately? Nothing.

Reply to
2

In this day of poor customer service John stands as a GIANT among ants. If I need the extra help, I gladly pay a little more money for a product I can get information on and that is guaranteed to be of good or better quality. A good product for a fair price. When I help people I do it for me, not for them Mark in TEXAS

Reply to
marq3

i like your attitude Mark.....and in this day of shopping based on dollars it is hard for a specialty company to make it.... Folks that shop here or there to save a nickel don't realize that they are hurting themselves in teh long run.... if you want that *specialty* shop to be there when you need them, you need to support them.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani