What drove in

I just had a 70 ghia brought to the shop that would amaze everyone that it could have been driven.

I haven't fully gotten into it but at first looks it would make you wonder how it could have been driven from upeer west side of Tenn to central NC.

It only has one heat exchanger and the muffler only connected a the heads at one end of the heads..

The owner thought we could just install a heat exchanger on the right side and reconnect the muffler were it connects to the heat exchangers.

I've seen these engines run under crazy conditions before but am amazed that he could have driven that far.

Yes my first steps are to check compression but I'm sure the head or valves have to be cracked/burnt.

I've tore down running engines before that had chunks missing from the pistons and such so I can imagine this will be a fun one.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

take pictures of anything unusual!! have fun!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

...Still stealing cars are you? NC's law enforcement agencies must be hot on your trail by now. Maybe crossing some state lines to avoid prosecution?

.........Can't wait to hear that they've caught up with you at last. Maybe I should let Potter and Lothar know that you're on the lam.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I did a compression check and all seems good. I removed the engine and it just kills me to see how much is missing from the engine. The #1 exhaust studs are both missing along with heater box. The #4 only had

1 nut holding the header, not connected at the heaterbox. The usual cooling tins missing. I've just been asked to seal it, its hard not to tell everyone that a new engine is the best way...lol well I'll atleast get to inspect the heads and can build the engine back to stock to give it a chance. I'll let you know what the tear down reveilles.
Reply to
Kafertoys

You want some entertainment, Tim, you should check out these two threads:

?t=96792The tale of Mario trying to cheat someone. Fortunately, this one turned out for the better. Mario may be having charges brought against him this time. For some reason, he hasn't responded to either of these threads. He's been strangely quiet on TheSamba lately. I'm just waiting for Mario's picture to show up in The Times:

Neil ITMC-Idaho Division

Reply to
Neil