What happened to Eric Allred?

I read something to the effect that he was going to work for Aircooled.net in October 2002 or close to that.

Reply to
Jim Ed

He did... he doesn't work there anymore... He is active on cal-look.com and thesamba.com

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Eric worked for us for 4 years, then got his HVAC license and does that as his occupation.

He works 100' from us now, and we have lunch a couple times a year, and I still consider him a great friend. He's doing very well.

Reply to
AircooledJohn

That's all well and good that he got his HVAC license, but does he know how to retrofit AC into a VW? :-D Now that would really impress me!

Reply to
Randall

I have done a bunch of 911's, I don't think that would be too hard to apply to a VW ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Does he still have his aircooled VW's that he used 5W30 oil in? I was wondering if they are still running after using that weight of oil. TIA!

Reply to
Jim Ed

PM him on thesamba or cal-look... 5w30 is fine, I ran 10w30 for many years, and now am running 5w20 for the past few months... no issues...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Any modern oil is presumably good enough to lubricate Beetle engine, at least as long as it's stock and driver bothers to change it time to time.

"Best oil available" is a different thing and I'd rather not go into that discussion again.

Reply to
Tuomas

That does not change the fact the engine was designed with one particular viscosity in mind, that being W30 for summer driving, altering in extreme heat and cold.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg