What's so special about this car?

I was watching this auction

becuase it was in AR. But why did it go for more than 600 with noengine? Also what does OG stand for? I have seen that on another VBWauction.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

becuase it was in AR. But why did it go for more than 600 with no> engine? Also what does OG stand for? I have seen that on another VBW> auction.

Seems steep to me too, without an engine. On the plus side, the channels might be good (since he doesn't mention it and assuming he's honest). OG = Original German -- took me a bit to figure that one out too :)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Thanks Steven

I just wondered if bugs were getting that hard to find that the price was going up. I keep running into Bugs lately mostly Autosticks. May go today to go pick up my latest purchase which I hope i can get running.

Reply to
Noice87

Hey, it is great that somebody got that much!

Reply to
KWW

becuase it was in AR. But why did it go for more than 600 with no> engine? Also what does OG stand for? I have seen that on another VBW> auction.

"OG" isjust short for "original"....that car would easily fetch that in my area...i paid 900 five years ago for my 68, that was in nearly the same shape... mine did have matching paint all over..well the parts that wasn't burned off from the engine fire or peeling off...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani