Whaty does Hoodride mean?

I've seen the term used on the samba but what does it mean? I know Ratrod is kinda like baja or some cut up job (Non Stock) right?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Bill Berckman

Being lowered helps putting things on the hood? Lots of deer hunters, eh? ;)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

LOL, I think it's more of the in the hood as in neighborhood canotation.

Reply to
anton

A HoodRide: To be shagged across the hood. Or to be shagged on the hood if you want to.. And one is assuming normal heterosexual activities here..

Glad to be of service. Jørn.

Ps.You really are slow... :o)

Reply to
Berg

check out hoodride.com.

Commonly a lowered bug with narrowed front end, and that is RUSTY! Must be stenciled with the Hoodride.com logo. Most rat rods are ruined and chopped, and could not be returned to original status without extensive work.

Noice87 wrote:

Reply to
payments338

ruined? thousands of perfectly restored(real restoration, not what most call "restored") would get boring pretty quick at a show....it's all relative...i think a bug that has potential that isn't tapped into, is pretty much a ruined opportunity...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Sorry... I have seen several rat rods, etc.. that I have liked. I didn't mean "ruined" so drastically like that.. That's not what I was saying. I certainly am not a purist myself. I was meaning how hard to return it back to stock. Like welded fender bolt holes, missing fenders, chopped roof, suicide doors.. etc.. It's kind of not a Bug anymore after all of those changes.

Haha forgive me. I have to watch my words.

Joey Tribiani wrote:

Reply to
payments338

except for some of the more radically modified rat rod vw's ... most all of them could be turned back to stock by someone who knows what they are doing .. including ones with chopped tops and suicide doors ...

as l> Sorry... I have seen several rat rods, etc.. that I have liked. I

Reply to
Flea