Where Did everyone Go?

What other aircooled vw newsgroups do you view? TIA!

Reply to
Jim Ed

I'm here... as always :)

The only other VW board I hang out at is shoptalkforums.

No time for more. And Shoptalk forums don't have the same "family" feeling as Ramva does/did.

I miss everyone who I became to know through Ramva. :(

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

most everyone still checks in and lurks in RAMVA, at least from time to time... the plague has a way of killing off the population, ya know...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

We miss you too Jan!

Reply to
Karls

Ramva , and some other sales place, where you can type in searches. unfortunauely , and fortunately I missed out on the VW craze. when it was happening. So i havnt lost millions or my sanity.

I usually show up when everything's over.

I never saw Seinfeld or southpark until they were on reruns.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Are you the Jan that raced VW Jettas that in my hotrodding vw book. . With the picture of one on three wheels.

Reply to
DogDiesel

I wouldn't ever want to be caught racing a Jetta :) So no, not me.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

living in Va and driving a nova, would a jetta really be that bad? LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Lol

The Nova is retired from active duty, right now I'm putting new main and rod bearings in it, and re-painting the engine. Some minor mods, keeping it stock more or less. Lots of metal work to be done. Needs a windshield. Just finished welding a turbo oil return fitting on the side of the oil pan ;) If I ever get money, I'll put a turbo on it. I'll have the fitting ready just in case. The oil pan is a real pain to take out.

Driving a stock 2001 Jeep Cherokee as my daily transport.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Wow... blast from the past.... I haven't read RAMVA for YEARS!

Hopefully buying a new beetle (well 1972 anyway) on Thursday.

Jan.... remember me? Allan from New Zealand? Still have the MP3's you sen tme all those years ago!

What happened - did newsgroups fade away, RAMVA moved here and fizzled out?

Those RAMVA stickers I have must be collectable now!

Allan NZ.

Reply to
ALLANWILLIAMS

Hey Allan I remember you! :) No VW in my life right now, apart from the

68 convertible stashed away in Finland. It'll take a LONG time for me to ship it here... I now live in Virginia, USA. Not by choice but due to circumstances outside of my control. Not all bad. I'm still alive.
Reply to
Jan Andersson

Haha! Bummer about the VW. Well... I imagine Virginia is warmer than Helsinki! It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a group that's quite the same as RAMVA... :-(

Such a shame. What groups do you hang out in now? Just STF?

Hmmm I just bottom posted... is that the right way ;-) hahaha!

Good to know you're still alive! As you said above, I miss a lot of the people from RAMVA :-(

Allan.

Reply to
AllanW