Where Did Everyone Go?

I ask that because it seems there are not very many posts to this newsgroup anymore.

Is there a better aircooled vw newsgroup featuring Type I's? TIA

Reply to
Jim347a

Odd thing. I,m on about 5 NG,s of various interests and the rate of activity has dropped on every one ever since Obama was inaugurated!. Not sure what the connection is but ..... This NG certainly has some excellent resources, worth keeping an eye on John

Reply to
John

This is still one of the best sources of info but sometimes, ya gotta wade through a load of crap to get it. Use your killfile liberally and appreciate the posts you do get. That's about all I do. Andy

Reply to
Andy

I blame it on mario.

Reply to
Shag

Amen brother.

Reply to
Andy

Actually... he only replies when called...... don't feed the fire.. :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

that's horseshit and you know it....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

'He who shall not be named' has been mentioned. Stop it now cause you know where it's going... or could go.. take it private, not here, please.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I'm sure it has to do with the growing number of sights with fourms I belong to half a dozen or so and keeping up is not something everyone has time for.

The other thing is winter and economy.

Is there any promoting of the Ramva? Sorry I tried but the people keep being attacked.

And if it is the drama over me all I can say again is stop creating it with the lies. I help with info and much more in other fourms with out all the drama. So learn to play nice.

Reply to
Kafertoys

all the lies were dropped long ago... all us honest folks wanted to talk about was the truth... but you avoid that and tell the said lies to cover up the truth... guess change really does start at home, don't be hypocritical and a liar... choose one and do it well...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

It's SITES, not sights.

But the one thing that really irritates me about you is what you did to Joan. You need to give Joan her money back. I saw the pictures of that half-baked "restoration" you did, and the bottom line is you ripped that lady off. She never even got to drive the thing, it was never finished. And you held the car hostage, overcharged her by an order of magnitude, and never delivered the services.

Be a man. Give Joan Her Money Back.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

I'm working on a Porsche 924 right now, but I still read the group. You're right its been slower and slower each month.

-- Funkie

Reply to
Funkie

I still have and support "ramva.org". That's a bit of promotion.

Occasionally I get asked how to connect to this newsgroup. I reply and do what I can to support the community.

Reply to
Funkie

Hey Funkie, I'm a Porsche mechanic these days :) They pay ME to wrench on them :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like fun work and you get to do it in the sunshine state which is even better. Eventually I'll graduate to a 912 or 911. I figured I would start out with something cheap and water-cooled. This car is made up of VW and Audi parts anyway.

-- Funkie

Reply to
Funkie

Neighbor and friend has an 84 turbo carrera. Won't let me near it. Just before he moved here from CA he sold a 56 speedster. He just rebuilt some kind of porsche engine. Did a little hot rodding on it. Trying to figure out if it will fit in a bug.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

I still occasionally pop in to RAMVA. Problem has been that my previous ISP changed newsgroup server specs a few times, and work banned anything but Lotus Bloats .... but I finally have a new stable, non-Time-W ISP and rebuilt my PC, so hopefully I will see lots more of y'all. KWW

65 Beetle - Inside Out Cow 64 Beetle
Reply to
KWW

.

Didn't you accept donated parts from Mario recently? I would say that's a sign of encouragement for the douche bag to keep showing up, even though the donation was likely stolen parts, given Mario's widespread reputation as a conniving, dishonest son of a bitch.

Reply to
ryan68bug

I asked for a donation from anyone who had the parts, and he happened to be the first to answer. I did accept the part and it arrived and turned out to be in the condition described. Successful transaction ended. I have no means of checking if it was stolen or not, and there was no time to waste. I don't see motive for dirty play either, since money never changed hands. He only lost in the deal, never asked or received anything in return.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I, too, still lurk from time to time. I have the Time-W service, so I use google groups. Man, the group activity now is nothing like it used to be 9 years ago! I'm not complaining- it was too hard to keep up back then.

Tim

Reply to
timmyboy