where to get parts

Where are the most reliable places to get parts? I need the springs that hold the front brake pads on my 73 squareback?

Reply to
scaler51

aircooled.net has a good reputation around here. Where are you located geographically in case someone is near you who can recommend a local parts supplier?

Reply to
Shag

The most valuable source for information on type 3 parts can be found on the type 3 email list. Go to

and sign up. It is free an totally non-commercial.

I am your best source for type 3 parts. I have the pad spreader springs. The pads are actually held in place by two pins, however.

-

Jim Adney

You'll want to try Aircooled.net - honest and very knowledgable.

Reply to
Remco

I live in central Ky. A place called Bowling Green

Reply to
scaler51

Is there still a VW shop in Bowling Green? Used to be a guy out toward Beech Bend and I'll eventually think of his name. Ran the service department for VWOA until they closed. If all you need are springs, he should be able to hook you up. Also Aircooled.net is great!

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

Reply to