Fuel sending unit question

I got a new sending unit from Aircooled.net today and I noticed something that I can't explain. With the sender John included a gasket and replacement screws (which I think you usually have to get separately). There were also some washers - 4 nylon ones and one copper one. When I removed the old unit and looked at the original screws there were also 4 nylon or fiber ones and 1 metal one. Now I understand that the metal one is probably to make sure that it's getting a good ground past the seal to the tank body, but why not just use 5 metal washers? Why 4 nylon ones?

Anyhow that sender seems to work okay. I guess now I need to run very low on gas so I can see where it thinks the bottom is. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

the nylon ones seal better, no fumes or leaks.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hmmm. Guess that explains it. I think I would have gone with all 5 better sealing and just made a ground connection another way.

Reply to
Michael Cecil