will the airflow-meter from a non-California Van work in a Calif. Van?

it's part no. 0 280 200 032

and fits 80 81 82 Volkswagen Vanagon, air-cooled 1970cc EXCEPT California emissions models.

will it work on a California emissions model?

thanks....

~Reuben

ReubenL1 -----at----- hotmail.com

picture:

Reuben L.

Will it work? Probably. Will it work properly? Possibly. Do you need to have your exhaust analyzed to confirm that it is operating within range for rich / lean mixture? Definitely. Awfully expensive if you cook a set of heads and although it may never be caught, I suspect there are fine fines for improper replacement of emission sensitive equipment.... Still in California? BTW - a used airflow meter is not a wise investment at any price, in my opinion. Even if they pay you to take it, what you stand to lose is a couple grand. Of course, not everyone is as stupid as I - the cost of my folly was new p&c's and two new heads plus the Bosch reman airflow meter plus the cost of having it adjusted properly by a shop that knew what's what. -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

thanks. I actually have a brand-new airflow meter-- 49-state emissions, and a CA-emissions-bus-owner wants it... but only if it'll work. having the exhaust read to adj. correct mixture sounds like a great idea, even if it was the correct part no. so... what's a 'p&c'?

anyone else? are the Airflow meters interchangeable? will this work, WITH

*OR* WITHOUT minor adjustments?

thanks

~Reuben

Reply to