Women of VW

Hi, I'm adding a special page to my web site that will feature women who drive and hopefully work on classic VW's. I'd like at least a picture of the car/bus and if possible, the driver. Know one ? Are one ? Drop me an email and I'd love to fill the page up. I know your out there.......( I just couldn't be the only one who works on her own car LOL )

Susan

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

I think there's one on this group named Jan... ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Oh really ???? Jan....you interested in being on the Women of VW page !!! LOL (And is that short for Janet or Janice ? Just want to get it right)

Susan

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

Hey now!!

LOL

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

hehehehehe

I always sort of liked Janet myself. :D

But no, it's not short for anything.. it's just Jan.. and yes I would love to be featured, assuming the whole website deal would one day lead to real life meetings and joint baths and pillow wars and playing "tag" in the dark, in a half decent hotel room that also has a jacuzzi. Yea. I wouldn't mind. We'd have sleepovers, right? Us Women of VW.

I fully support the idea :)

Jan (I'm a guy, last time I checked..)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Boy, give you an idea and you just run with it HAHA !!! Tag in the dark, hmmmm ok. I'll be sure to keep all this in mind. Who knows, you could become our "mascot".

Susan

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT make Jan your mascot... Does the term, "Be very afraid" mean anything to you?

Reply to
vwluvrs

Jan you should have just put on a dress and wig and went to the party and had some fun. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Ahem. I started a little page when I bought my bug a few weeks ago. I just messed with my DNS records so if it doesn't come up let me know.

Rebecca

i hope you didn't pay too much for that car!

and yes, the 1300 engine is never going to be much to write home about. even if it were perfectly tuned you'd still have a hard time accelerating fast enough to get out of your own way.

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Great start !!! I've snagged a picture and will put it up this evening. Just one more bit of info.....where are you from ?

Susan

74 Std Betty

Reply to
Susan S.

Susan....the "Women of VW" sounds like a great idea. A calendar would be nice too. Women with their cars....bikini's optional?? Wrenches in hand.......am I over the line?? Jan would great in a one piece I think? with his famous stocking cap?? Eric

Reply to
Stutzsr

Well Stu, I appreciate the support and perhaps the other "Women of VW" wouldn't mind but I can assure you that the last thing you would want to stare at for 30 days is a picture of me in a bikini.....or a bathing suit....or a moo-moo......

Susan

74 Std Betty

hand.......am I

Reply to
Susan S.

North Iowa. I'm going to keep updating the page with all my VW adventures. I've done some more re-wiring and got my bright light and blinker indicators in the dash working. I also got the horn working, and just ordered a new washer tank for the windshield. I pulled the loose carpet out and there was at least an inch of sand underneath, I'll have pictures of that because it's really unbelieveable. I was going to put a radio in tonight but I can't find it and since I leave my garage open from time to time and it was just sitting on a bench, well, I'm thinking it was snatched. I have to get the speedo working, which is a cable problem. It's sticking through the hub with the clip but I took the wire off the back of the speedo and it turns freely so it must be broken somewhere. I also want the rear defroster to work, looks like an easy fix but I'm not sure how I'll test it. Maybe blow steam on it or something. All simple stuff so far. Once everything works, I'll clean up the interior then decide if I like it enough to put a new motor in and get some body work done. It's pretty solid, metal-wise, so it may be worth it.

Well, thanks for letting me brag a bit, no one around here, and I mean no one, cares about this little car and they all think I'm crazy. It's nice to be driving one around again, though.

Rebecca

there.......( I

Reply to
Rebecca

Hey! What about me?? I can give you a picture of the baja I *used* to have... and I know how to rebuild a carb and change a throttle cable.... :D And.. since considering my husband as mascot probably isn't the best idea (he's a weirdo), I'm sure I can conjure up a picture of him in a dress and wig at some point... ;)

Kidd

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

My wife would have killed me ;)

(And yes, she wouyld have found out.. somehow they do....)

jan :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Great !!! Email me the picture along with your location (city/state) and I'll add you to the page. You know....come to think of it.....I think I have a picture of my husband in a dress and makeup.....that should be good for some VW-parts blackmail !!! LOL

Susan

74 Std Betty
Reply to
Susan S.

LOL!!! You're BAD! That was a good one!

Narley Dude®

'72 Super Beetle 'vert

Reply to
Narley Dude®

Done!

Kidd

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

There have been several regulars here in the time I've been wasting bandwidth here, though I haven't seen any of them post lately.

The ones I can remember (hey, I'm getting old here!): Anna Clare Dana Kathy J. Lauren

Reply to
Scott H