1987 740 gle LPG/CNG conversion?

hi, i've been contemplating conversion to cleaner fuels. does anyone have experience with LPG/CNG conversion? if so, what is the level of difficulty and the cost? thanks! jun

Reply to
g13

I have the 97' s40 and I recentli fitted in an LPG system, it costs here in croatia about 1500USD, but it's realy great, the car is running good as before no loss on performance, lower fuel prices and I've heard that LPG makes the engine 30% last longer, I'm realy happy for having it done, and I recomand it to evryone!!!

BOG I HRVATI

Reply to
noLOGIC

expect less economy less torque and power.Weight too is a factor .Dont go straiht gas its foolish as you will run out and not be able to fill up easy. Costs in Australia have jumped since the govt subsidized the fitting of gas .I used and mantained gas cars for millions of klms and beside a bit of waxing up from poor lpg it was good .Make sure you get a legal convesion as the backyarders could kill you .Make sure a valve is fitted on the tank and down the line to stop flow if you have a accident of major preportions .shield all fitting from stones and rubbing contact .Use colder plugs with closer gaps .USE GOOD OIL AND CHANGE IT ON TIME .Gas makes an acid when mixed with oil and combustion products .Dont waste your money on oil feeder tricks they dont work .A good engine will last longer on gas .dont replace modern valves used on unleaded fuel as the valves now are perfect .I am speaking from the hip pocket and experience .Alos you need heavier spring to hold the weight up in the back .Direct injection is best with a fuel \gas injector rather than the old gas ring around the inlet pipe or gas flowing into the main air flow.Use top quality anti freze anti corrode fluid and change it on schedule .Its cheaper although the govt of Australia is increasing the tax on gas slowly .Duel fuel is the best way and safest .

"g13" wrote in message news:f4cvdk$3m6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.Stanford.EDU...

Reply to
John Robertson