740 GLE - B234F

Hi,

I own a 1989 740 GLE with the 16 Valve (B234F) engine. With this engine, how often should the timming belt be changed? Also is there anything else that should be changed at the same time as the timming belt? I love this engine and want to keep it running well.

I know a timming belt braking on the 740 16 Valve can cause a lot of damage, I don't want that to happen.

Peter. Sydney, Australia.

1989 Volvo 740 16 Valve 1986 Volvo 740 Turbo 1982 Volvo 240 GLE
Reply to
Peter

Check out the appropriate sections.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo '84 245 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Hi Peter, it should be changed every 50,000 miles. The balance shaft belt should also be changed at the same intervals. They should then be checked for tension

10,000 miles after being changed.

Nice motors, responsive and powerful. Only ten horse down on turbo B230.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

I changed mine after 88,000 KM.