1988 740 Electric Windows

I have a problem from time to time when the electric windows will not work. They will not work from the drivers or passengers door console however when
the windows are not working the driver and passenger door mirrors still will work.
As the fault is in both doors then I assume the problem is somewhere other than inside the doors.
"not hereplease@not here.com" wrote:

All the power for all windows first goes in the driver's door, through the switches there, then out to the other doors. So a problem in the driver's door can affect all windows. Look at the harness where it flexes as the door opens and closes.
--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.