1993 240DL wagon for sale (0/1)

1993 Volvo 240 DL wagon for sale

154,869 miles

Color: Anthracite Grey Metallic with clear coat

2.3 litre 4 cylinder OHC engine

Leather (black) Power Steering and Brakes with ABS Driver's side airbag Heated side view mirrors with electric remote adjustment Rear Window defroster and wiper

4 speed automatic transmission with overdrive Heated front driver's and passenger seat Air conditioning Power windows Central locking Volvo Rubber floor mats and Volvo cargo mat Set of four Mud and Snow tires, used one season but not on rims

Added options:

Keyless entry Remote Start Security System Cruise control Fog Lights Engine block oil heater Coolant heater Battery heater Class II trailer hitch Pioneer CD/MP3 cassette player and radio (Original radio & cassette player works and will be included)

Recent work done in the last 500 miles includes:

Transmission flush, filter replacement and kickdown adjustment Oil and filter change New rear brakes, rotors and pads Front brake pads Brake fluid flushed and replaced New fuel filter, air filter and Bosch Platinum plugs New Battery New alternator Replacement of heater/AC blower motor New Michelen X All-Season Radials Alignment All tailgate wiring repaired to better than new Mass Airflow meter and airbox thermostat replaced All vacuum hoses replaced EGR Valve cleaned New water pump and timing belt New ball joints and sway bar bushings (IPD Urethane bushings) NYS Inspection passed April 20th 2005

I am the third owner of this car but the second owner is a friend of my brother's and only owned it briefly. Nearly all service records from new are available and will be included. It was nearly always serviced at the dealer and the book is available and included. I have some receipts but not many. In any case, the local dealer will have the records in their system. I worked for the local dealer when in high school and they still remember me, so getting all records will not be a problem.

Exterior and paint are excellent but there are a few minor dings and road chips.

As this was almost never driven in Winter there is only normal under-carriage surface rust one would see on any vehicle 2 yrs old, much less nearly 13 yrs. That said, I do plan to have that corrected and have it undercoated before sale.

I bought this as a project car and have enjoyed most of the work involved getting it back to nearly pristine condition.

It's a pleasure to drive, but does not have enough power for me-especially for towing the boat I just bought, nor for driving up steep hills in the in my area. To be honest, when going up the steepest hills on NY Rt 20 or NY Rt 80 the best it can do is about 50 to 55 MPH

I'm selling it as I have a only a 2 car garage and just bought a 1995

960 wagon and a 1959 PV 544.

Also have a motorcycle to restore this summer and a lot of household outdoor projects.

I am not a dealer, but am just a guy who has always driven Volvos for the last 30 years and enjoys working on them (except for the blower motor replacement.)

The vehicle is located in Central NY, East of Syracuse and available for a test drive and viewing by appointment.

I can also e-mail photos if someone is seriously interested in this car.

I'd rather sell it to someone locally or in Southern Ontario (Canada) who loves Volvos than just put it on E-Bay. If anyone from Canada is interested I do have a summer place about 45 minutes from Kingston on Bob's Lake and will be there once a week or so starting next month. I'd be happy to meet to show the car and have one do a test drive in Gananoque or Kingston-or Perth or Smith's Falls or Westport.

Regards,

Doc

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Remove NOSPAM from address to mail.