1995 850 -- getting old

Greetings. I lowered the (electric) windows yesterday in my '95 850T and when I went to raise them the driver's door window didn't move. While I pressed the switch (up) there was a rapid clicking which sounded like (I could be wrong) it was coming from the console. The clicking continued as long as I pushed the button. When I pressed it for (down), there was one click only, which sounded like it came from inside the door.

I looked in the manual and saw the part about the emergency cut-out and to 'try again in 20 minutes'. Amazingly, after 20 minutes the window went up normally.

Anybody care to venture a diagnosis? Is it the switch, the motor or just a fluke? At the moment I'm a bit hesitant about lowering that window again. I'm also preparing myself mentally for an expensive repair. :-(

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry