Help!! - 2000 Grand Caravan Power Windows

The driver's side power window quit working on my wife's caravan. Fortunately it died in the up position. I borrowed the switch out of my neighbor's 2000 Town and Country and the window still wouldn't work so I am assuming I have eliminated the switch. I starting taking the trim panel off and have gotten stuck. I took all of the screws out that I can find and then tried to pull the panel off. It is very hard so I didn't want to pull and break something.

I guess I have 2 questions....

Is there a likely cause to the window not working (I am suspecting the motor at this point)? Assuming I need to get the trim panel off, is there a trick to it? Are any screws hidden? Do I just need to pull harder on the panel? Once I have the panel off, any advice from there on?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hendley

jdoe

Reply to
mic canic

Thanks for the responses.

Update - It was the two screws "hidden" in the carpet below the map pocket. Once they came out, I was able to pull the trim panel off from the plastic clips that hold it in.

Once I got it off, I pulled the moisture barrier plastic off enough to get to the motor. I unplugged the electrical connector at the window motor and using a 12 volt source, put positive to one terminal and negative to the other (directly on the motor) and the window went down. I reversed the leads and the window went up. I plugged the connector back in at the motor and the window is now working with the switch.

So now the question is why do you think it started working after I jumped it out at the motor. I have little confidence it is truly fixed. However, I did figure out a quicker way to jump the motor out if it happens again. Pins 6 and 8 at the switch connector at the top of the door are the two that go to the window motor so if it happens again, I can just pull the switch out (2 minutes) and use pins 6 and 8 to jump out the motor.

Reply to
Chris Hendley