1996 Volvo 850

was getting intermittent fan with no heat no air conditioning brought to mechanic and he put new fluid and checked for leaks i drove off and the air conditioning worked for a week and so did the fans. But the blower motor stopped yesterday. When I turn on the car the lights on the fan and auto flash a number of times does this mean i need a switch..help

Reply to
thompsman

The lights flashing are telling you that the control unit has found a problem with something in the climate control system. Most likely is the motor has started to draw too much current for the applied voltage. The control unit monitors this to protect the fan controller in the event of motor failure. If this is your problem replacing the fan motor should cure it. However, to be sure you should have the codes read, which requires a special, Volvo specific tool for your car.

Reply to
mikef2316()

Thanks I will have to go to the dealer to have the codes read. Do you have any idea what the motor would cost to install at a dealer..

Reply to
thompsman

thanks Mike I will have the dealer read codes. By the way do you have any idea what they charge these days at volvo for the motor being diagnosed and replaced.

Reply to
thompsman

Sorry, no idea.

Reply to