850 GLT - Squeaky Heater fan?

I have an intermittent squeak that is coming from the heater blower. I cut the fan off and the squeak stops. Does this mean I need a new blower fan? If so are they difficult to replace? Thanks in advance! Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Phillips

Sounds like a bad fan to me. Remove the glove box, under dash panel, knee-bolster, right side knee-bolster bracket. Unplug all necessary plugs and harness holders. Remove fan anchor screws and the fan motor will slide right out. It can be a little time consuming but it is not a very tough job.

Reply to
Ron

I was able to get mine going again by cleaning it and lubricating the bearings, but it is starting to make noise again. Reminds me of the similar problem 240s often have, but the fan isn't as bad to get to on the 850.

I follwed the good instructions for geting into that area from Bay13, see:

John Horner