1999 S40 Alarm/Fob problem

I've had a google but can't find any reference in the NG to this problem before.

2.0 S40 XS. The main key and fob were lost. The car sat for a while until I found the spare. Batteries in the spare fob needed replacing so did that. By this time the car battery was flat! charged that up.

Problem now is that the fob and the car appear to be out of sync. The key opens the doors and starts the car ok but the fob does nothing.....and I cannot kill the alarm which just keeps going off of course.

Called the main dealer, "oh yes sir you need a new alarm system and fobs, £500". Yikes!!! is there a less painful work around to this problem?

'Hog

Reply to
'Hog

Try a different dealer.

Seriously, though, if it's anything like the Volvoguard alarm on my '94

940 there is a simple procedure to get the alarm system to recognize a replacement fob. I have no idea if this is the right set of instructions for your system:
Crazy Dog