1999 S80 110K+ miles. What to expect?

Hi all

I have owned from new a UK model S80 SE 2.4 170BHP auto. I'm just approaching 120,000 miles. I've only had one real problem - solenoid on auto-box about 18 months ago - bit expensive :-( ). It has always been serviced by a Volvo main dealer, etc.

I'm wondering what I should expect in the coming years... I'm planning to take it to 200,000 if possible! Any thoughts?

Simon

Reply to
Simon West

If you havent already insisted on it, get that auto box fluid flushed and changed NOW. With their track record from the 800 series cars (same box) more so the early ones, but still due to the stupid "sealed for life" philosphy, these boxes tend to fail any time after about 100k depending on how they have been driven.

Ideally you would have had fluid changes every ~20k from new. It could be argued that with 120k on it now, the box is on borrowed time, and you could leave it be and put the ££'s saved on fluid changes towards a 2nd hand box when the time comes.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l