1999 V70 R exhaust (trivia) question...

Am pondering said sled on local used lot with 130,000km ... rather more scratched than my 1993 854 with 280,680km on the clock, however.... don't think it's been pampered too much, although haven't driven it yet...

Being a stickler for detail, I noticed there's only one exhaust pipe/tip...... the other bumper cut-out is still there, covering what appears to be a muffler to match the one on the other side.

Didn't both the XC *and* the V70R have both sides exhaling? Hate to think this is a re-badged V70......

(And, no, I haven't been able to see it with the hood up yet....LOL)

Thanks,

Kevin Canada someplace

Reply to
K Bourke

No, only the AWD R has twin pipes.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

And in Canada, only in 2000 model year. And that exhaust is a bolt in for all the AWDs in that body style, including the '97 850s.

Reply to
Mike F

Mike,

Before my head explodes.....

So this Canadian 1999 V70 "R" *could* have one (pass side) pipe?

K.

Reply to
K Bourke

Right. The old style V70 was available in "R" version all 3 years,

1998-2000. Each year got a higher power rating than the previous one, the final year got dual tailpipes. All of the AWD cars had similar looking exhaust systems, only the 2000 V70R had the extra tailpipe poking out the muffler on the left side.
Reply to
Mike F