V70 AWD R

So if these new V70 AWD Rs arent pushing out 300Bhp, what are they really pushing out??????

Anyone have an real world figures to back up these rumors?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

275- 280bhp on super unleaded from what I have heard, but alot less torque than expected.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

:O(

S4, here I come! Its a real shame. After having two performance 850 / V70's I really wanted this one to work.

What with the price, the lack-luster performace, the multituide of confusing extras which really do push the price up and up and up, I just cant see a reason to buy one.

Reply to
Tim Guy

My friendly Dealer suggests that if you want the full power of the "R," you'll need to have the 6-speed manual box. Apparently the performance map was rewritten to protect the Geartronic but is, thankfully, restricted to that configuration only.

When the local sales folk went off to drive the cars in California, prior to release, there was notable upset on the part of all present at the performance difference between the two models. The computer mapping may yet be redone.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble