2000 V70 auto front brake pads and discs

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the front disc and pad change is an easy operation on a V70 automatic 2000 Diesel and does anyone know if there are instructions any where online to do so many thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

You don't say which V70 body shape it is - the one based on the 850 series or the later one built on the S80 platform - and about to be superceded again.

Either way, it's more or less the same anyway - and the same for manual/auto or petrol/diesel models.

If you're used to doing it on other cars, it's not rocket science. The most difficult bit is removing - and particularly refitting - that 'orrible bit of bent spring steel wire which retains the pads. Oh - and you'll need a 7mm Allen key (or equivalent socket tool) for undoing the caliper-retaining bolts. [Most sets of Allen keys don't include 7mm!]

You're supposed to measure the run-out of the disc using a dial gauge - but a fixed pointer and feeler gauges are almost as good.

I don't know about on-line sources, but if you have the old body shape, Haynes Manual 3573 explains it quite well. It doesn't cover the diesel engine though, so you may not want to buy one - but you may be able to look at one in Halfords.

If you get stuck, email me off list (the address *does* work - but post here that you've done so, or I may not see it for a long time!), and I'll email you some information from VADIS.

Reply to
Roger Mills