S70 2000 disconnecting battery

My 2000 S70 still has the original battery which I want to replace. The owners manual says DO NOT DISCONNECT BATTERY WITHOUT CONSULTING DEALER. What will happen if I do. I do have the radio activation code. I expect it to run a bit erratically until the computer relearns thing, but will anything else other than losing the radio stations happen?

Larry

Reply to
Larry

You will lose everything on your dash except gas gauge and temp gauge and your odometer will change to kilometers. I know because I did it and no one on this group or any Volvo forum I've been on knows what to do to fix it.

Reply to
Edwin
Reply to
Michael Pardee