2001 S40 1.9 engine vibration

I have an '01 S40 (1.9T engine) with 142K that has an engine vibration at idle that is most evident when it's in gear. It can be felt through the pedal, shifter and steering wheel.

All the mounts were replaced 25K miles ago so it isn't that. I've been to two shops and they were either stumped or said it's normal, which is hard to believe. I did a search and have seen some posts about this but no solutions were offered. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this vibration is VERY annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Reply to
Anonymous

142 miles or Kilometers, the only time Ive gotten vibrations is when I need a tune up, if best- highest grade gas cures it then tune it up. If not put it on a scope and maybe a compression test to start, Is idle rpm normal. Is milage-power worse

------------------------------------------------ That's 142K miles, not KM. Sorry about that. It did have a recent tune-up. The idle is normal as is MPG and power. I'm going to take it back in to give my tech one more shot at it before I try the dealer.

Rob

Reply to
Anonymous