2001 v70 groan on slow left or right hand turns

Like the subject says.....goaning noise when turning either right or left at low speed. Happens either going into a turn or straightening out....always in the same position. Maybe 5 deg or so.....never any other wheel position.

I have a couple thoughts....but wondered if anyone had some input?

Reply to
Tim Shandonay

Forgot to mention the sound is coming from left front.

Reply to
Tim Shandonay

there are many possibilities here. get her on a lift, look, poke, prod and even wiggle. 2nd best jack the front (cheap floor jack

Reply to
Richard W Langbauer

Richard,

I do plan to get a good look this weekend.

Another item to note is that I'm never able to recreate when the car is not moving.

Pretty sure I can feel a vibration in the wheel along with the sound.

Will let you know what I find.

Reply to
Tim Shandonay

wheelbearing packing up?

cheers

Marc

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

"Tim Shandonay" skrev i meddelelsen news:6PeJn.17182$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.iad...

I think You may have a bad strut bearing...

Reply to
Brian Sørup

I think I agree.....although i could not reproduce or see any evidence of this with the front end off the ground. Nor can I reproduce with the car on the ground and not moving. Only low speed turns. Wheels turned very smooth. I drippled a little motor oil into the into the top of the strut onto the bearings. The wheel seems a little lighter now.....I'll have to drive it some more to see if the noise and slight vibration I feel on the wheel is diminished at all.

Reply to
Tim Shandonay