240 with 185,000 miles - concern?

Made an offer on an early 90s 240 with around 185,000 miles. Single owner, well maintained, good records, runs well. Should I be concerned? If I can get another 75-100k miles out of it I'd be really happy. Thanks.

Reply to
rastlouis

Look...

Not even the Volvo techs here with years of experience can look inside the car and see failures coming in 28,287 miles! The best you can do is be careful and you are being very careful.

It sounds ok to me, my biggest fear is the trans in old cars, but anything can go--drive gently use sensible maintance and you are doing the best that one can!

Reply to
Steve

It's impossible to say from the mileage, 240's are well known for going 300K or more, but that's certainly not to say nothing will ever go wrong. I regularly work on a few ranging from 120K to 270K and generally the lower mileage one has more issues, probably wasn't as well maintained.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
rastlouis

Good luck with your "new to you" Volvo... You mind telling us the reasonable price?

Ahmet

Reply to
dragon

Reply to
rastlouis

Dude...Sounds like a STEAL! (hope that does not jinx you)

2 years with not too many problems and it owes you NOTHING!

Good Luck!

Reply to
Steve

Congrats Robert!

BTW, at today's exchange rate $1700 CDN = $1392.56 USD--or roughly $1,400 USD.

I looked at the pics you sent me and still think it was a very good buy.

Regards,

Doc

Reply to
doc