240DL running lean

Hi. I have a 1990 Volvo 240DL. The engine is running lean. I got codes 113 and 221 from diagnostic socket 2, but only 111 from diagnostic socket 6. Both of those codes indicate a lean mixture. The engine is also stumbling when hitting the throttle hard. Recently the car was driven through deep water on the road - about 8 inches or so. The check engine light came on about 30-40 miles after the water driving incident.

Is there anything the water could have affected to cause this? The gas tank looks too high and sealed for water to have gotten into it. I checked for vacuum leaks, all of the hoses appear to be in good condition.

any suggestions/help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Mark

Reply to
Mark Price

perhaps the O2 sensor?....