Getting SC 813 to receive all radio channels in Europe

I bought a V70 (1999 model) while staying in California and shipped it back home when I returned to Finland. I realized a curious thing: I'm able to tune the radio to only half of the channels. 96.1 and 96.3 MHz were available, while my favorite 96.2 wasn't.

After playing with the radio for a while I noticed that if you put the power on to the thing while pressing the button labeled 5 you get characters "USA" flashing in the LCD. If you push the button 5 again the LCD shows AUS. The radio turns on after a few seconds, and all the missing channels are available!

esa

Reply to
Esa Laitinen

Different countries have different spaces in the frequencies allocated for their stations, Plus I think the carrier frequency is different as well. Maybe.....

Reply to
PM