440xi Wheel-Bearing renewal question

Have a '93 440xi non-abs which needs a new wheel bearing on the front nearside.

Does the replacement wheel bearing have the ball cage exposed on one end ?

I'm asking because I've disassembled the hub and managed to get the old bearing of, but the hub flange has a large rounded shoulder which I suspect maybe part of the old bearing and therefore also needs removing - which looks impossible to do because there is nothing to grip onto in order to extract it from the flange.

I'm hopeing the rounded shoulder is actually part of the flange, and is therefore meant to stay there for the exposed ball cage of the new bearing to butt up to.

On the other hand, if the new wheel bearing doesn't have an end with the ball cage exposed, then it's obvious the shoulderd part must somehow be removed from the flange.

Any help/tips/advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
BG