Dissapearing coolant!

Does anybody know the early symptoms of a leaky heater core?? I have a 1994 850 turbo and I have some hints to something and I think it maybe the heater core. First the window always gets this film right where the defroster blows on the vent... When the cold A/C is on I get this smoke/steam out of the vent my coolant level is going down and I cant find any leaks. and last I have this funny smell it may or not be antifreeze but its close (smells more like the chemical used in dry-cleaning)

Reply to
King

Check the drain for your AC; it might be clogged, causing mold growth and odor. Or, you might find coolant dripping out of it...

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Yes that sounds very much like a leaky heater core.

Reply to
James Sweet

Congratulations, you have self diagnosed a leaking heater core!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks guys!!