740 cluster (gas meter)

Hi everybody, I have a 740 gle 86 I've got a really weird functioning of my gas meter, sometime it works sometime not. when it's not, it's stuck on the full position. Is there some connectivity issue,some relay that I have to check? I've checked all the fuses behind the ashtray, I thought maybe some rust on the fuses, but it still acting the same ... how can I check it and make it work, Thanks

P'ti pere

Reply to
Rainer Camarero

It's probably a cracked solder joint on the cluster, though it could also be a shorted wire anywhere between the sender in the tank and the cluster.

Reply to
James Sweet

It could be the in-tank sending unit. If the reading changes when you go over a bump it probably is. Check the brickboard they probably have some advice.

Reply to
Al