1987 740 turbo stopped starting.. :( PLEASE HELP!

Hey all. You've been great help in the past and lets do it again!

I was driving along and my 1987 740 turbo (wagon, blue) just died. NO sputtering. No coughing. Just died.

I would wait a minute or two, and then the engine would pop once or twice but never start. After waiting twenty minutes, it ran for three minutes and just as suddenly as before, died. Incidentally, after the tow to my house, it won't start at all. And I did run it 'dangerously' low on gas so i thought it might be a clogged fuel line, but I don't even get a 'buzz' outta the secondary fuel pump.

I've checked the fuses, traded out a white relay under the ashtray, checked some hoses... nothing seems to be out of placement.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

So the fuel pump isn't running when you crank it? Did you check for voltage at the pump?

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
joe