740 gas meter [the saga continu]

Hi everybody, First, thanks to James and Al for their answer in the first episode of this saga (hopefully it's not gonna be a best seller and stay on the board for ever) I still have the 740 GLE 86 Well I've figured out that something's wrong in the the in-tank sending unit. I plan to change it, but is there some recommandations when getting it from a junk yard and putting it back? Another thing I would like to know is about the circuit itself. Is the signal getting straight to the gas-meter, in the cluster, or is it relaied somehow?

Thanks

P'ti pere

Reply to
Rainer Camarero