92 Volvo 740 wagon won't start

My wife stopped at a Starbucks and when she returned with her overpriced coffee, the starter on my 92 Volvo station wagon (740) wouldn't start. All the dashboard lights light up as usual when you trty to start the engine but there is no sound, no starter. The car is in Park. I've tried it in neutral. Nothing. I've checked all the fuses but they are fine.

I stuck my hand behind the fuses and wiggled all the relay boxes to make sure there is contact.

Any suggestions?

Mark G

Reply to
MarkG

Don't laugh, but sometimes it's the simple stuff. My wife and I were stuck for 10-15 minutes once before we realized that we had to depress the brake pedal before starting it in park (duh). Tried jumping it? Is there a fuse for the starter/engine? Good luck.

Reply to
arterialturns

Could be a bad ignition switch, or a bad starter. Try checking for voltage at the start terminal while turning the key.

Reply to
James Sweet