740 AMM Question?

I have a 89  8V 740 and I'm told I have a bad AMM.  This is what happens, in the morning I go out side unplug the AMM the car cranks once approx. 10 sec. no start then starts immediately on the second crank (if I don't unplug the AMM it can take up to 5 minutes to start if it starts at all, the car will start then die , start die, start die, finally stay running after slightly revving the engine)  My question is what is going on I know the AMM is reading the air density to proportion the amount of fuel based on the air temp / air density (gas law physics), but if the AMM is bad why does the car run fine after warming and I've replugged it in?  What does unplugging the AMM do for starting the engine, does the engine receive more or less fuel, if left plugged in on the first start of the morning  is it starving or flooding the engine? And is the AMM bad if it runs fine after warming?

--------------6F62EB171ACE0CABEDD0570F--

Reply to
ron