740 GL, Australia compliance

My 740 was built in 1989 and was fitted with ABS. It has done a mere 190k but now the warning light for the ABS is coming on intermittently. I cleaned contacts, re-soldered relay but still have the dame problem. When it comes on I can turn the engine off and on and it stays off and the ABS works fine.

Any clues?

Thanks from Peter in Perth Western Australia

Reply to
Peter Ott

Just give the sensors a thorough clean up. One each on front wheel hubs and one which doubles as speedo sensor on differential rear plate. The front ones are the only ones you need to clean as the diff one runs inside the diff. You will need to check the wiring from the rear if the speedo shows signs of erratic reading. The problem is rust dust which tends to clog the segments (teeth) on the rotor portion.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes