740 Parking Light Replacement

I'm shopping around to replace the LH front corner lense on my '88 wagon. This is fairly cheap at $38, but not OEM:

Anyone have a forseeable problem with putting it in? Should I spend more on the original equipment? Any tips or suggestions before I buy it & install?

Thanks very much. Jay "One never knows, do one?" - Fats Waller

Reply to
Jay Epstein

I bought my new corners from Natalie at

I went with the clear model as opposed to the type with the yellow interior reflector. Natalie at SCP had them made for me, very cool place to do business...:-) She may make a set for you if you are nice...I bought new running lights too, from the same place.

Here's the look I got;

's a repainted 87 760Ti with 220k miles on it. Almost completelyrestored now, just a few bits to do. For the complete show, visit the URL to my page;
Anyway, getting the new corner markers on is pretty easy. They slide in on a bracket and then are held in with a single nut, you'll see it when you pull the old one out.

On another note, I swapped the corner marker wiring with the parking lamps. In other words, my corner marker is now my turn signal, and vice versa. A turn signal that only faces front is a bit of a weak idea, I think, so I made the swap. I had to add some wire to the system, but it works great, much more visible to the driver beside me now. Funny that Volvo didn't see it that way, being a safety issue and all..

cheers

RS

Reply to
Rusty

I bought the same one - fits perfectly just like OEM, and looks like it too.

Reply to
Greg Cearley

Reply to
Jay Epstein